Farad capacitors are also supercapacitors . Supercapacitor is a new type of energy storage device between traditional capacitors and rechargeable batteries, its capacity can reach hundreds to thousands of farads, compared with traditional capacitors: it has larger capacity, higher energy, wider The operating temperature range and extremely long service life; and compared with the battery: it has a higher specific power and no pollution to the environment, so it can be said that the supercapacitor is an efficient, practical and environmentally friendly energy storage device. Farad capacitors have a much larger capacity than ordinary capacitors. Because of its large capacity, its external performance is the same as that of batteries, so it is also called " capacitor battery ". Farad capacitors belong to electric double layer capacitors , which have the largest capacity among the electric double layer capacitors that have been put into mass production in the world. The composed electric double layer structure achieves a large capacity.
There are many types of Farad capacitors, which can be divided into various products in different ways.
1. According to the principle, it is divided into electric double-layer Farad capacitors and pseudocapacitor Farad capacitors:
(1) Electric double-layer Farad capacitors, including
1. Activated carbon electrode material, select the activated carbon material with high specific surface area to prepare the electrode by forming.
2. Carbon fiber electrode materials, select activated carbon fiber forming materials, such as cloth, felt, etc., to prepare electrodes by strengthening, spraying or molten metal to enhance their conductivity.
3. Carbon aerogel electrode material, select precursor material to prepare gel, and obtain electrode material through carbonization activation.
4. Carbon nanotube electrode materials, carbon nanotubes have excellent mesoporous function and conductivity, and carbon nanotube materials with high specific surface area can be used to make very good Farad capacitor electrodes.
The above electrode materials can be made into:
1. Flat-type Farad capacitors, in the button-type system, mostly flat-shaped and disc-shaped electrodes are used. In addition, there are also high-voltage Farad capacitors composed of multi-layer stacks in series, which are typical representatives of other products of the company, which can reach operations above 300V. Voltage.
2. The winding type solvent capacitor is made by coating the current collector with electrode material and winding. This type of capacitor generally has a larger capacitance and a higher power density.
(2) Pseudo-capacitive Farad capacitor:
Contains metal oxide electrode materials and polymer electrode materials. Metal oxides include NiOx, MnO2, V2O5, etc. as positive electrode materials, and activated carbon is used as negative electrode materials to prepare Faradic capacitors. Conductive polymer materials include PPY, PTH, PAni, PAS, PFPT, etc. By doping P-type or N-type or P/N-type electrodes to prepare Farad capacitors. This type of Farad capacitor has a very high energy density. Except for the NiOx type, most of the other types are in the research stage and have not yet completed industrial production.